• Tel: 091- 865367   |    Email: kayanne@khorgansolicitors.com   |    Address: 3rd Floor, The Odeon Rooms, Odeon House, Eyre Square, Galway

Role of a Personal Insolvency Practitioner

A Personal Insolvency Practitioner (PIP) is an individual, licenced by the Insolvency Service of Ireland under Part 5 of the Personal Insolvency Act, 2012 to make Debt Settlement Arrangement (DSA) or Personal Insolvency Arrangement (PIA) applications on behalf of clients.

You can only seek a Debt Settlement Arrangement (DSA) or a Personal Insolvency Arrangement (PIA) via a Personal Insolvency Practitioner (PIP) who will advise you and act on your behalf throughout the process. The Insolvency Service of Ireland (ISI) will maintain a list of PIPs which is available on the ISI website www.isi.gov.ie.

Kayanne Horgan is a solicitor who works in the areas of family law and litigation and is now a licensed Personal Insolvency Practitioner listed in the Register of Personal Insolvency Practitioners under Licence Number PB00095.

The insolvency arrangements are also available to people who may have emigrated over the past year but who are planning to return to Ireland at some stage. Please call us for advice on mortgage arrears or unsustainable debt to discuss an insolvency option that may suit you and your circumstances.

  • be honest, ethical and operate independently and in the best interests of their clients
  • have the appropriate management skills achieved through experience and training
  • put in place a structure which supports  robust internal controls
  • satisfy strict criteria as laid down by the Insolvency Service of Ireland (ISI)
  • demonstrate that he/she has the required level of experience and knowledge and has passed an examination on the law and practice relating to Insolvency and the Personal Insolvency Act 2012
  • have excellent  communication skills
  • be an experienced negotiator/facilitator


*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement